Re: name

> I don't like CASL very much as it sounds like "little cheese" in
> German; of course I will bend to overwhelming majority, though.
>
> [The intended pronunciation of CASL is as CASTLE, with A as in CALM.
> Does that help?  --PDM]

A nit: To my ear, the "a" in "castle" and that in "calm" do not have the
same pronunciation.
I checked three dictionaries, and two of them gave the same phoneme for
the vowel.  However, the best American dictionary I have handy (Webster's
9th New Collegiate) uses different symbols, indicating that the "a" in
"castle" is like "ash," and the one in "calm" is like the vowel in "cot"
or "cart" (or, in New England, as French "patte").  The Microsoft
Bookshelf dictionary (American Heritage Dictionary) shows the same
pronunciation, but the associated spoken pronunciations are clearly
different.

[I must admit that I personally tend to pronounce "castle" with the
"a" as in "(c)ash". But having lived in exile :-) in Denmark for more
than 20 years now, I prefer to rely on my dictionary (the Concise
Oxford)... --PDM]

But they're all distinct from "Kaesel."

Besides, it shouldn't be hard to accustom people to the idea that the "T"
in "CASL" is voiced.
:-)

Jim H.

PS There is a character in several P.G. Wodehouse novels whose last name
is "Psmith."
He explains to people that "The 'P' is silent, as in 'swimming'."