CoFI Language Design Meeting in Paris

Dear colleagues,

There will be a CoFI Language Design Meeting in Paris on Sat 12 April,
before the TAPSOFT conference, hosted by Michel Bidoit at ENS(Ulm).

The schedule for the meetings around TAPSOFT is so far as follows:

SAT 12 APRIL (Paris): Language Design, starting 9:30

SUN 13 APRIL (Paris): Tools, starting 11:00

WED 16 APRIL (Lille): Semantics, after the last TAPSOFT session

You will receive details concerning registration and hotels later.

Those planning to attend please let me know straight away.

In terms of agenda, I have the following items in mind:

1. CASL Concrete Syntax

   A  CALL FOR PROPOSALS has been issued on this mailing list.
   We should discuss details of the (preliminary) proposals received
   at that time. [There will be at least one ;-)]

2. Feedback from Semantics on Language Design

   Don has just released CoFI Note S-1, announced on cofi-semantics
   (available in the Mailing List archives).  It is the Language Summary,
   annotated with questions of detail raised by the Semantics group.
   Please take a look at it; we should allocate some time to run
   through the comments, and consider their impact on our tentative
   design.  The output might be a list of proposed changes, for
   discussion on the mailing list afterwards.

3. Feedback on the CASL CL design from Extensions

   We should discuss whether we expect problems with the present design
   from Extensions. Note that we are not expected to actually make such
   designs now; however, a certain amount of detail is required to be able
   to appreciate potential problems.
   I am afraid that we were all too busy with work on other issues concerning
   the present design so far (tools, syntax, semantics, ...); we should
   structure our work and make sure feedback happens.

   For your reference I have installed an updated checklist as an .html
   document:

http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~agbkb/CoFI/LanguageDesign/checklist.xl.html

   (part of the) "subsorting subgroup" already investigated subsorting
   w.r.t. HO functions; we will briefly report on this.

   Please prepare your feedback from the list and let me know ASAP what you can
   do until the meeting.

3. Structuring our future work on Extensions

Note that we (only) have 1 day; so we have to be efficient with our time.

Please let me know whether you have any further suggestions.

Best regards
Bernd

Prof. Dr. Bernd Krieg-Brueckner    courier mail only:
FB3 Mathematik und Informatik      MZH 8071, FB3
Universitaet Bremen                Universitaet Bremen
Postfach 330 440                   Bibliothekstr. 1
D-28334 Bremen                     D-28359 Bremen

Telefon: (+49) 421-218-3660        telefax: (+49) 421-218-3054
bkb@Informatik.Uni-Bremen.DE       privat:  (+49) 421-25-1024
http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~bkb/