A rationale for the CASL design?

If you aren't a subscriber to the general cofi-list mailing list,
you'll probably not have seen the announcements that were sent to it
this afternoon.  You can find them under "Latest News" on the CoFI
Home Page.  (BTW, please send me an e-mail if you ever experience
problems accessing our WWW server, which apparently isn't as reliable
as it used to be!)

Here's one more announcement - this time just for cofi-language
subscribers.

29 April 1997:

  The presentation of CoFI and the Tentative Design of CASL at
  TAPSOFT'97 is now available as a CoFI Tentative Document. It gives a
  (rather sketchy) RATIONALE for some of the design choices that were
  taken. It is planned to update it "real soon" to reflect the recent
  changes to the CASL design; after that, it could perhaps be used as
  the basis for a more comprehensive rationale for the CASL design, to
  be proposed to IFIP WG 1.3.

As soon as the paper has been updated as indicated, I'll announce it
on this list, and make a proposal for how to proceed.

\  /  | Peter D Mosses         <pdmosses@brics.dk> |
CoFI  | Common Framework Initiative  - Coordinator |
/  \  | WWW URL: http://www.brics.dk/Projects/CoFI |