DRAFT of CASL Rationale available

Latest News from the CoFI Home Page
___________________________________

6 May 1997:

     The presentation of CoFI and the Tentative Design of CASL at TAPSOFT'97
     has been updated to reflect the recent changes to the CASL design. It
     is to be the basis for a more comprehensive rationale for the CASL
     design, to be proposed to IFIP WG 1.3. For convenience, the document
     has been split into two: the (hopefully uncontroversial!) Rationale for
     CoFI, the Common Framework Initiative; and the (still rather sketchy)
     Rationale for the CASL design.

          URGENT! Please read the CASL Rationale!

     Kindly point out the places where the explanations are inadequate or
     misleading, letting me know as soon as possible. Feel free to suggest
     rewording, or to contribute new points or sections. The version to be
     submitted to IFIP WG 1.3 will have to be finalized by 15 May!

The URL is http://www.brics.dk/Projects/CoFI/Documents/CASL/Rationale
- please let me know straight away about any server access problems!

Hoping for your assistance,

Peter

\  /  | Peter D Mosses         <pdmosses@brics.dk> |
CoFI  | Common Framework Initiative  - Coordinator |
/  \  | WWW URL: http://www.brics.dk/Projects/CoFI |