[CoFI] cofi-language moderation; STATUS

Dear colleagues,

I have now taken over the moderation of the CoFI Language mailing list
from Peter Mosses and coordination of the language design. In fact, this
change has been in effect for some time, but there was no message except
one.

The fact hat there has been little work on finalization (regarding
almost no reactions) is a little disturbing. I guess everybody has been
very busy (as I have), but we must get on with it!

I do know that the semantics group is very active in updating the
semantics and thus checking the feasability of recent changes, as
requested by Appendix F (Finalization). This is obviously the most
important feedback.

ALL OF YOU: please read the latest version of the CASL Summary carefully
and react until the
        19th June
with any further comments you may have. This does NOT mean that I want
to encourage you to propose any changes (the time for this is long
gone). However, (cf. Appendix F), some "remaining points need to be
settled", and details to be decided upon as they are tentative:
        architectural specifications
        specification libraries
        annotations
Moreover, feedback from
        semantics
        parsing
        formatting
is needed; when can we expected a reaction??

I know that I still have to produce the minutes of the last meeting;
coming up soon [in fact, its conclusions have already be incorporated in
the last version of the summary by Peter].

NB: the chances for a CoFI WG, funded by the EC, look good; I hope this
inspires new enthusiasm in all of you!!

Best regards
Bernd
--
Prof. Dr. Bernd Krieg-Brueckner    courier mail only:
FB3 Mathematik und Informatik      MZH 8071, FB3

Telefon: (+49) 421-218-3660        telefax: (+49) 421-218-3054
bkb@Informatik.Uni-Bremen.DE       privat:  (+49) 421-25-1024
http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~bkb
http://www.uni-bremen.de/~sppraum