[CoFI] Agenda of the Language Design Task Group Meeting

Dear friends,

Peter will inform you shortly about the installation of a draft document of
changes to the Summary. I quote from the introduction:

The current draft of this document has been prepared by Peter Mosses in
collaboration with the CoFI Language Design Task Group coordinator, Bernd
Krieg-Brückner. It is for discussion by the participants of the CoFI Language
Design Task Group on the cofi-language mailing list in the period 10-24 March
1999, and (briefly) at the Language Design meeting during the CoFI Workshop in
Amsterdam, 27-28 March 1999. The agreed corrections and clarifications to the
CASL Summary are to be implemented 	as soon as possible after the discussion period.

Furthermore, there will shortly be a note by Till+Markus
	L-11: Proposal of Some Annotations and Literal Syntax in CASL

Thus our agenda of the
	Language Design Task Group Meeting in Amsterdam, 28 March, 1999  looks as follows:

- lexical/syntax issues for mixfix ids (see Peter's note above)
- parsing annotations (precedences, associativities), see L-11
- syntax extensions for literals, see L-11
- semantic annotations, see L-11
- BRIEF discussion of any other issues arising from Peter's note

The first session will be plenary, thus the members of the
Tools Task Group will be able to attend (and are invited). I hope,
in fact, that we will be able to finish in one session to avoid overlap with
Tools in the "tentative" second session on LD.

Note also that two other notes that are potentially interesting for Language
Design are going to be discussed in the Methodology Task Group:

M-6: Basic Datatypes in CASL (available)
M-7: The Datatypes REAL and COMPLEX in CASL (forthcoming)

Please let me know ASAP whether there are any other issues to discuss.

Looking forward seeing you in Amsterdam,
Best regards,
Bernd Krieg-Brückner
CoFI Language Design Task Group Coordinator

________________________________
Prof. Dr. Bernd Krieg-Brückner      courier mail only:
Bremer Institut für Sichere Systeme MZH 8071
FB3 Mathematik und Informatik       FB3
Universität Bremen                  Universität Bremen
Postfach 330 440                    Bibliothekstr. 1
D-28334 Bremen                      D-28359 Bremen

Telefon: (+49) 421-218-3660         telefax: (+49) 421-218-3054
bkb@Informatik.Uni-Bremen.DE        privat:  (+49) 421-25-1024
http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~bkb, ~agbkb
http://www.uni-bremen.de/~sppraum (Kognitive Robotik)