CFI WWW pages - downloading by FTP now possible

By popular request, I've made it possible to download the CFI WWW
pages by FTP.

Please find below a copy of the page that explains how to do it.

\|/  Peter D. Mosses  <pdmosses@brics.dk>
CFI      Common Framework Initiative
/|\  WWW http://www.brics.dk/Projects/CFI

P.S. I won't be able to look at any problems arising until Monday.

Downloading
===========
Here's how to download, install, and browse a local copy of the CFI WWW pages:

It is possible to use a WWW browser to download the compressed copies of
various parts of the CFI WWW pages from the CFI FTP archives, by clicking on
the links below:

   * The main CFI WWW pages
     ftp://ftp.brics.dk/pub/BRICS/Projects/CFI/index.WWW.tar.gz (~40kb)
   * The CFI Catalogue
     ftp://ftp.brics.dk/pub/BRICS/Projects/CFI/Catalogue.WWW.tar.gz (~900kb)
   * The CFI Study Notes
     ftp://ftp.brics.dk/pub/BRICS/Projects/CFI/StudyNotes.WWW.tar.gz (~60kb)

But it's almost as easy to use FTP directly:

     cd some-directory
     ftp ftp.brics.dk
     Name: ftp
     Password: your-e-mail-address

     binary

     cd pub/BRICS/Projects/CFI

     mget *.WWW.tar.gz

     bye

For each file that you fetched, do the following to uncompress it and create
the CFI directory and files:

     zcat file.WWW.tar.gz | tar -xof -

(take care not to omit the dash at the end of the line above!)

If you have already uncompressed file.WWW.tar, you should do this just to
create the CFI directory and files:

     tar -xof file.WWW.tar

You should now have a directory named CFI in your current directory. To browse
your local copy of the CFI WWW pages with minimal net access (the navigation
arrow icons are still loaded from Aarhus - let me know if that gives problems)
simply call your favourite browser with the appropriate file name, e.g.:

     netscape CFI/index.html

or

     netscape CFI/Catalogue/1/index.html

Common Framework Initiative, February 9, 1996