please publish your CoFI-related work!

Dear CoFI participant,

Please consider submitting a paper on your work under CoFI to a
conference or journal.  This is good for CoFI and good for your CV!

Upcoming workshop
-----------------
WADT'99, Bonas, 15-18 Sep 1999, http://www-lsr.imag.fr/WADT99/
Traditionally, a Springer LNCS volume has been published following
each WADT containing papers based on selected talks at the workshop.
On one occasion so far, a special issue of Theoretical Computer
Science has also been published.  CoFI task group meetings will take
place during WADT'99.

Upcoming conferences
--------------------
ICALP'99, Prague, 11-15 Jul 1999, http://uivt1.uivt.cas.cz/ICALP99/,
submission deadline 10 Jan

PSI'99, Novosibirsk, 6-9 Jul 1999, http://www.iis.nsk.su/PSI99/cfp.html,
submission deadline 31 Jan
I am giving an invited talk on CoFI and Sasha Zamulin, who is PC
co-chair, says that if there are enough good CoFI papers submitted
then this could be turned into a special CoFI session of the conference.

FM'99, Toulouse, 20-24 Sep 1999, http://www.cert.fr/fm99/, submission
deadline 14 Feb 1999.  Note the WG1.3 mini-track on Foundations of
System Specification, http://www.brics.dk/~pdm/IFIP-WG1.3/FM-99.html
A CoFI tutorial will take place during FM'99.

ETAPS'2000, Berlin, 27 Mar - 1 Apr 2000, submission deadline in early
October, CFP to be published fairly soon.  Relevant ETAPS
sub-conferences include at least FOSSACS, FASE, and TACAS.  There will
be a CoFI workshop (without proceedings) as a satellite event of
ETAPS'2000.

Journals
--------
For mature work that is ready for journal publication, there are many
places to submit.  I'm on the editorial board of Theoretical Computer
Science and if you submit a CoFI-relevant paper to me I promise to
appoint knowledgeable referees and to avoid refereeing delays.

Best regards for a Merry Christmas and happy 1999,

Don Sannella
CoFI coordinator