Language Design Study Notes available

Dear friends and colleagues,

Andrzej Tarlecki and I have written the following short notes
explaining two aspects of our view of formal software development.

Constructor implementations
  on WWW: http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/~dts/pub/CFI/constr-impl.ps
  by FTP: /pub/dts/CFI/constr-impl.ps on ftp.dcs.ed.ac.uk

Specifying and developing parameterised programs
  on WWW: http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/~dts/pub/CFI/higher-order.ps
  by FTP: /pub/dts/CFI/higher-order.ps on ftp.dcs.ed.ac.uk

These are also accessible from the CFI Language Design Study Notes
WWW page:
  http://www.brics.dk/Projects/CFI/StudyNotes.html

I'm announcing this to unif-lang because these are intended as
language design study notes (although they aren't in "pattern" form --
sorry Hubert!) and to unif-meth because they are about methodological
issues.  I apologize to those who therefore receive two copies of this
announcement, but it seems that the language design and methodology
tasks cannot be cleanly separated.

Best regards,
Don Sannella