meeting in Lisbon/CoFI-Reactive

Dear Friends,

our next meeting will be held in Lisbon on Wednesday 1 April at 16. It will
necessarily  be short , since at 19,30 the Conference  banquet is scheduled.
I propose the following agenda.

0. Current status of CoFI
1. Brief presentations of planned CoFI extensions
2. Identification of issues and extensions
3.Planning

I recall that, following the indications of the Tarquinia meeting, we have
provided a sample for presenting planned extensions within CoFI (see the
related message below).
Unfortunately we did not get any reaction.
You are  now invited again to notify the intention (just the intention!) of
presenting a proposal, in a very concise way (altogether we will have not
more than 2 hours and thus the presentations at point 1 cannot exceed  1h).
If it happens that you have some spare  time, you may have a look at the
sample mentioned before and prepare comments.
Anyway,   it is important to have a significant participation for planning
the future activity.
So, if you are in Lisbon atending ETAPS98, then please put our meeting on
your agenda.
Best regards,
Egidio Astesiano
============================
Dear friends,

in Tarquinia it was suggested to send a pattern for proposing intended
extensions in our area,with some example instantiation.

Thanks to Gianna Reggio,
at the following directory

  ftp://ftp.brics.dk/Projects/CoFI/Reactive/Pattern/

you can find the document "doc" in various versions, containing
-the proposed pattern, with
an appendix with explanations and two instantiations, the second of which
is also an extension proposal from the Genova site;
- a second document "template" containing the template to be filled in LaTeX.

If you intend to make a proposal, then you are invited to send Gianna
(reggio@disi.unige.it)  a filled template (plus any suggestion for
improving the pattern).

I would suggest November 15 as a first deadline, so that at the turn of the
year we can begin some discussion, in preparation  for the meeting of the
task group at ETAPS98.

Best regards,
Egidio Astesiano

Prof. Egidio Astesiano
Director
DISI - Dipartimento di Informatica e Scienze dell'Informazione
Universita' di Genova
Via Dodecaneso 35
16146  Genova
Italy