CASL semantics at ETAPS'01

Dear Semanticists,

Those who did not come to Genova for ETAPS last week missed a lot:
crowd of people (over 500 hundred participants!), smooth organization
(congratulations to the team of organizers!), interesting programme
(including quite a few CoFI/CASL/CASL-semantics related
presentations), wonderful Italian environment, fantastic weather
(well, during the main conference programme), splendid food (too good
for some, but we coped one way or another :-), and first of all a
successful CASL tutorial!

There has been no official semantics task group meeting scheduled, but
of course, we had a chance to discuss a number of issues and plan for
the future. In particular, the authors of the semantics met, and we
have undertaken to have a NEW VERSION OF THE SEMANTICS READY BY THE
END OF MAY, incorporating the recent design changes and based on the
newly released CASL summary version 1.0.1. More importantly, everyone
agrees that this time this seems to be a truly realistic deadline.

There will be then a brief period for cross-reviewing of particular
parts between the authors (remember the original kibitzer idea?) ---
but of course, if anyone else would like to help to remove mistakes
and inaccuracies at this stage --- please, just let me know.

The final step will be to turn the semantics into more independent
document, by removing most of the text of the summary we are currently
incorporating --- and the result will be ready for official release!

With best regards,

Andrzej Tarlecki