Scope of variables

Dear all,

a question by Bernd made me realize that the current proposal
for [SPEC] answers Hubert's question on page 9
	Should variable declarations be put into the local
	environment, maybe in a separate mapping for variable names?
with "no", while Bernd in his examples assumes that the answer
is "yes" and variable declarations are visible through EXTENSIONs.

I prefer a "no" here for simplicity, and actually on page 7,
the scope of variable declarations is explicitly defined
to be the enclosing BASIC-SPEC.

Greetings,
Till