CASL version 0.99

Dear Sematics People,

Version 0.99 of the CASL summary is about to be released (for those
who have not heard, it's really any day now). Unfortunately, there is
very little chance we have a serious go at the semantics before
ETAPS'98 in Lisbon. However, the least we should do over the next week
is to have a look at the changes and to do some guesswork to estimate
if it is going to be possible to adapt, modify or even drastically
(but sensibly) change what we have now to capture the current
proposal.

I suggest that within this short time everybody should have a go at
the part of the CASL design for the semantics of which she/he was
previously responsible. I hope that everybody will come to Lisbon with
a clear view of where troubles may(not) arise and what the last
suggested changes might be. Those who are not coming to Lisbon have a
few days to express their doubts and suggest modifications by e-mail.

Let me remind you of the assignements:

  Basic specifications: Don (kibitzer Hubert)
  Subsorting: Anna and Maura (kibitzer Till)
  Structured specifications: Till and Hubert (kibitzer Andrzej)
  Architectural specifications: Andrzej (kibitzer Don)
  Libraries: Peter (kibitzer Hans-Joerg)

Of course, comments from everybody else are more than welcome!

Best regards,

Andrzej