Study note on Institution independence

Dear friends,

I now have revised my draft note on institution independent CASL
semantics (cf. my message from 27 April to this list)
and sent it to Peter to install it.

The main changes are:
- I have added a conclusions section
- the Ext component of institution with symbols gets an extra argument
- Institutions with compound identifiers get new components dealing with
  kinds of qualifications
- The construction of an institution with symbols out of an
  institution with compound identifiers has been completely revised
- The semantics of SYMB-MAPs has been removed, since it is better
  placed within the CASL semantics itself

Greetings,
Till

[I understand this note will be installed by Peter at CoFI WWW pages
very soon, presumably as S-8 --- AT]