Re: Problem with { __ }

> From: Till Mossakowski <till@informatik.uni-bremen.de>
> Dear friends,
>
> based on Frederic Voisins CASL grammar for yacc, we have built a CASL parser
> using ML-yacc. The HOL-CASL system will be soon available also with this
> alternative parser.

Congratulations and good news.

> We have managed to fine-tune the parsers in such a way that they produce
> almost the same input-output behaviour. Now the most important open
> point is the treatment of braces within identifiers.
> At the CoFI meeting in Amsterdam last year we decided to allows braces
> within identifiers, also covering {__}. We have verified that this decision
> makes sense by an implementing it into our parser.

I understand that ! Interaction between parser and scanner is the point
where I has a very hard time with my prototype. I'm a bit surprise that
you do not mention any problem with [ and ] that can also occur in
identifiers and that did not look much better when I was considering
the problem...

> The grammar we are using can be obtained under
>
> http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~cofi/CASL/yacc/CASL.yacc
>
> and a description of the states and conflicts under
>
> http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~cofi/CASL/yacc/CASL.yacc.desc

I will have a look and see if I can help somehow...

Frederic