Re: concrete syntax problems in arch spec and views

Dear All,

>> Moreover, although I haven't yet had time to check it with ASF+SDF, it
>> looks as if most of the problems reported with grouping would disappear
>> altogether if one insisted that a SPEC used in a UNIT-SPEC or ARCH-SPEC
>> should always be a GROUPED-SPEC, so that the {...} around lists of
>> basic-items prevent confusion between the different uses of :, ->, etc.  In
>> practice I suspect that the SPEC would usually be a SPEC-NAME or
>> instantiation, so a restriction to a GROUPED-SPEC should be acceptable.

Insisting that SPEC used in a UNIT-SPEC or ARCH-SPEC should always be a
GROUPED-SPEC was my suggestion to Christophe too. THis is the obvious fix,
at least from a methodological point of view :-)
And similarly for views, obviously.

Whether this is enough is still unclear, at least until the parser
implementers check this.

Cheers,
Michel
--
Michel Bidoit
Laboratoire Specification et Verification       Tel:  +33 (0)1 47 40 28 68