Revised CASL package for LaTeX and Note C-2

At last, I've managed to complete the revised documentation for the
CASL package, and I've tidied up the code a bit.  However, the
robustness of the CASL package with respect to the presence of other
packages (and the absence of the CoFIdoc and Hyperlatex packages!) has
not yet be properly tested, so I suggest that this release should be
regarded as a preliminary one, and announced only on cofi-tools for
now.  Before Christmas, I'll try to rectify any problems that have
been discovered, and proceed to make a full release.

The CASL package itself is installed at:

  ftp://ftp.brics.dk/Projects/CoFI/Formatting/CASL/casl.sty
  ftp://ftp.brics.dk/Projects/CoFI/Formatting/CASL/casl.hlx

(the latter is only for those who use Hyperlatex).

The documentation (dated Nov 30) is installed at:

  http://www.brics.dk/Projects/CoFI/Notes/C-2/

Suggestions for improvements to the CASL package or to its
documentation are most welcome, and should be sent as soon as possible
to me at the address below (I'll send a summary of them to cofi-tools
afterwards).

I must apologize for not having been able to realize my original aims
of releasing the CASL package before the Cachan meetings.  BTW, I now
intend to wait with updating the CoFIdoc and Note C-1 until January.
(If anyone reading this has experience of using PDFTEX to produce PDF
from latex sources, would they please let me know of any problems that
they have encountered.)

Looking forward to feedback, especially from participants of the Tools
task group,

-- Peter
Dr. Peter D. Mosses             International Fellow  (*)

Computer Science Laboratory     mailto:mosses@csl.sri.com
SRI International               phone: +1 (650)  859-2200
333 Ravenswood Avenue           fax:   +1 (650)  859-2844
Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA       http://www.brics.dk/~pdm/

(*) on leave from DAIMI & BRICS, University of Aarhus, DK
    also affiliated to CS Department, Stanford University