[uDraw(Graph)-Users] Performance issues and scaling enhancement request

Debjyoti Paul debjyoti at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 00:44:39 CEST 2008

Hi

I just started using uDraw for graph viewing and find it useful. It has many
features which are superior to the tool I was previously using (VCG) like
navigation/scaling/views etc. I have 2 issues though

1. Runtime: Loading even small graphs takes 20-30 seconds. This is on a 3.0
Ghz Pentium running Redhat EE4. The CPU is not loaded (as seen using 'top'
). Larger graphs take much longer. Is there a way to speedup up this ? If
this is due to optimizing of the layout, can this be switched off ? If this
is due to TCL interpretation of the graph file, can this be done in C/C++
for faster runtime and leave the graphics/non-runtime intensive parts to TCL
?

2. The scaling feature is nice expect that the labels and other text are not
scaled. It would be very useful if text was visible at different scalings.
It is ok if scaling is not continuous from 1-100 and does jumps of 10's.
Like 100%/90%/80% etc.

Again, these are just 2 issues I have. Otherwise uDraw is quite good and
stable.

Regards
Debjyoti

--