||IEEE 1484 Learning Technology Standards Committee (LTSC)
Development , deployment, maintenance, and interoperation of computer implementations of education and training components and systems.
Learning Technology System Architecture (LTSA)
- ADL (DoD Advanced Distributed Learning)
a US Department of Defense organization, including industry and institutions, that is defining sharable course objects.
- AICC (Aviation Industry Computer-Based Training (CBT) Committee)
a consortium of users and vendors in the aviation industry that has developed specifications for computer-based training
- ANSI IISP (American National Standards Institute, Information Infrastructure Standards Panel)
a panel of standards committees, consortia, companies, institutions, and government agencies that identifies cross-industry standards needs in the Global Information Infrastructure (GII) and Global Information Society (GIS).
- ARIADNE (Alliance of Remote Instructional Authoring and Distribution Networks of Europe)
a European Union project on telematics for education and training; tools and methodologies for producing, managing and reusing computer-based pedagogical elements; learning technology metadata
- CEN/ISSS/LT, European Committee for Standardization (CEN), Information Society Standardization System (ISSS), Learning Technologies (LT) Workshop
a work program requested by the European Commission from CEN/ISSS in support of the development of Europe's Learning Society
- GEM (Gateway to Education Materials) Project
developing cataloging and tools for educational materials
- GESTALT (Getting Educational Systems Talking Across Leading-Edge Technologies)
implementing profiling and metadata repositories and tools
- IEEE LTSC (Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, Project 1484, Learning Technology Standards Committee)
LTSC working groups are developing standards and guidelines for learning technologies
- IMS Project (Instructional Management System)
a cooperative of commercial, institutional, and government organizations that are developing technology for the education industry
- ISO/IEC JTC1 SC36 (International Standards Organization - International Electrotechnical Committee, Joint Technical Committee 1 - Information Technology, Subcommittee on Learning Technology)
Newly established SC will develop ISO/IEC standards
- PROMETEUS (PROmoting Multimedia access to Education and Training in EUropean Society)
European education and training, interchange and interoperability, open and distance learning, for primary, secondary, higher education, and corporate environments.
Last Updated 01.Jan.2002
Updated by Webmaster
Last Revised 01.Jan.2002
Revised by Webmaster