The following eight essential functional processed that may be necessary to provide total consumer satisfaction and meet public acceptance. Once the need for a life cycle process is identified, the life cycle process is treated as a system for the development of life cycle process products and their life cycle processes. The following are the eight essential functional processes.
- Development: The planning and execution of a system and subsystem definition tasks required to evolve the system from customer needs to consumer product solutions and their life cycle processes.
- Manufacturing: The tasks, actions, and activities for fabrication and assembly of engineering test models and brassboards, prototypes, and production of consumer product solutions and their life cycle process products.
- The tasks, actions and activities for planning for evaluation and conducting evaluation of a synthesis products against the functional architecture or requirements baseline; or the functional architecture against the requirements baseline.
- The tasks, actions and activities for evaluating the consumer product solutions and their life cycle processes to measure specification compliance or consumer satisfaction
- Distribution: The tasks, actions and activities to initially transport, receive, process, assemble, install, test, checkout, train, operate, and, as required, emplace, house, store, or distribute consumer products and llife cycle process products.
- Operations: The tasks, actions and activities that associated with the use of the consumer product or a life cycle process.
- Support: The tasks, actions and activities to provide supply, maintenance, and support material and facility management for sustaining operations.
- Training: The tasks, actions and activities to achieve and maintain the knowledge and skill levels necessary to efficiently and effectively perform operations, support, and disposal.
- Disposal: The tasks, actions and activities to ensure that disposal or recycling of destroyed or irreparable consumer and life cycle process products and by-products comply with applicable environmental regulations and directives.