RE 7.2: Self-Assessment of the System
RE7.2 - Selbstprüfung des Systems durchführen
In this activity the developer realizes the self-assessment of the System. During these self-assessments, the developer first creates the conditions for the test, e. g. installation of the assessed object in the assessed environment, and generation of the required test cases. After the realization of the test, the test results are evaluated, they determine the further process of the reverse engineering measures. If the test was positive, the tested/assessed object is passed on to QA for the formal product assessment. Otherwise RE activities have to be repeated and concluded with another self-assessment.
The self-assessments of systems should include:
In the case of system reactions under conditions that are not real, the conditions must be adjusted by means of simulation to come as close as possible to the real environment in which it will be used.
- test with regard of User Requirements and System Architecture,
- test in as special system test environment, the subsequent system test must be realized in the operative system environment,
- test of technical and functional cooperation of SW Units, with special regard to
- system load, concentrating on efficiency and robustness,
- behavior under "worst-case" conditions,
- demonstration of system safety,
- typical situations and conditions,
- critical situations and functions.
Last Updated 01.Jan.2002
Updated by Webmaster
Last Revised 01.Jan.2002
Revised by Webmaster