[CoFI] Examples of concrete syntax for CASL basic specs

>   EXTENDED DEADLINE for comments: Monday 27 October 1997!
>
> N.B.  I am about to provide some (much-needed and overdue) examples,
> illustrating the appearance of basic specifications according to the
> current proposal for concrete syntax - perhaps they will encourage
> further comments...

The examples of basic specifications have now been installed, at:

   http://www.brics.dk/Projects/CoFI/Documents/CASL/SyntaxExamples/
   ftp://ftp.brics.dk/Projects/CoFI/Documents/CASL/SyntaxExamples/

Would all those who dislike ANY aspect of the proposed concrete syntax
for basic specifications kindly send their comments to the mailing
list cofi-language@brics.dk as soon as possible, and in any case by
the deadline on Monday.  It would be comforting to get some positive
feedback as well, as I wouldn't like to have to draw conclusions on
the basis of a lack of reaction, in the case that everyone is now
completely happy with the proposal...  (If you prefer your message NOT
to be forwarded to the mailing list, send it just to pdmosses@brics.dk.)

Next week, I hope that we'll be able to proceed to considering revised
proposals for the concrete syntax of STRUCTURED and ARCHITECTURAL
specifications in CASL (modulo the pending adjustments to the abstract
syntax of GEN-SPEC and UNIT-TERM, and the agreed incorporation of
named morphisms/views in CASL).

Peter

P.S.  Unfortunately, I haven't yet found time to check the input
syntax of these examples using the ASF+SDF-generated parser for CASL.
Please let me know if you notice any bugs in them...