Re: travel funding for WADT/CoFI 2001 at ETAPS 2001 in Genova

Dear CoFI friends,

Recall that the deadline for priority applications for CoFI WG funding
for travel to WADT/CoFI 2001 at ETAPS in Genova was yesterday.  I
wrote:

>   1. Applications for funding by *** Thursday 8th February ***
>   including the discounted early registration fee are encouraged and
>   will be given first preference for funding.  It is expected that
>   applications received by this date that are approved by task group
>   coordinators will be fully funded, but this will be confirmed by
>   e-mail on 9th February.

>From the information I have now, it seems that the applications that
have been received and approved by TG coordinators will be funded at a
rate that is close to but perhaps less than 100%.  The reduction to be
applied depends on how much the claims we receive differ from your
estimates.  There is a separate grant for people from the ex-Soviet
bloc countries and these people will be fully funded.

>   2. If there is still money left after this date, it will be
>   allocated to applications for funding until the budget is exhausted.
>   There will be a tendency to apply reductions to the amount requested
>   for late and large applications.

There is little or no money left to fund further applications, except
for people from ex-Soviet bloc countries.  You can apply but as
already announced the funding we have will be used first for the
people who have already been accepted.

See you in Genova!

Don Sannella
CoFI coordinator

Prof. Donald Sannella, Laboratory for Foundations of Computer Science,
Division of Informatics, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH9 3JZ
http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/home/dts/  ftp://ftp.dcs.ed.ac.uk/pub/dts
E-mail: dts@dcs.ed.ac.uk phone: +44 131 650 5184 fax: +44 131 667 7209
mobile: +44 7939 132117 secretary: mda@dcs.ed.ac.uk, +44 131 650 5132