[CoFI] Change of overall coordinator

Dear CoFI friends,

This is my last message as the overall coordinator of CoFI:
on 15 August 1998, I'll be handing over the responsibility to
Don Sannella (dts@dcs.ed.ac.uk).  Don will also take over the
moderation of this mailing-list.

There are several reasons for the change:

 - I've just moved to California for a sabbatical year (to be followed
by six months each in Poland and Brazil) so it won't be easy for me to
attend so many CoFI meetings in the near future.

 - I've been giving first priority to CoFI for almost 3 years, and
although it's been an extremely interesting and rewarding experience,
it's also been quite exhausting, and hasn't left me much time/energy
for my previous research on semantics of programming languages.

 - Last but not least, CoFI has applied for ESPRIT funding for a CoFI
Working Group, to be coordinated and administered by Don in Edinburgh.
(See the following message from Don for some good news about this!)

I'll continue to participate in the CoFI task groups on Language
Design (where we are currently trying to finalize the details of
views, see the cofi-language messages on this topic - I'll also remain
responsible for editing the CASL Summary until we arrive at v1.0),
Tools, and (occasionally) Semantics.  I'll also be maintaining the
CoFI archives, and coordinating a new "External Relations" task.

In conclusion, I'd like to thank all of you who have contributed to
CoFI over the past 3 years.  Special thanks to the coordinators of the
various task groups for their collaboration and assistance.  And of
course many thanks to Don Sannella for agreeing to be the next overall
coordinator of CoFI!

Best regards,

Peter

\  /  | Peter D. Mosses - mailto:pdmosses@brics.dk |
CoFI  | Common Framework Initiative  - Coordinator*|
/  \  | WWW URL: http://www.brics.dk/Projects/CoFI |

* until 15 August 1998