CoFI WG annual report; CoFI publications

Dear friends,

I am required to produce reports on CoFI WG activity for the European
Commission which provides our funding.  A report on CoFI WG activity
during the period 1 Oct 1998-30 Sept 1999 is now available at
	http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/~dts/CoFI-WG/1999.ps
There is nothing exciting there, but some of you might be interested.
If you look at it then at least it might do something more useful than
feed the Commission's filing cabinets.

This is a good time for my annual plea to submit a paper on your work
under CoFI to a conference or journal.  This is good for CoFI and good
for your CV!  If you have received funding from CoFI WG, please
include an acknowledgement of the form:
	This research has been partially supported by ESPRIT working
	group 29432 (CoFI WG).

Some upcoming conferences and workshops
---------------------------------------
The following are listed in order of submission deadlines.

AMAST'2000, Iowa City, 23-27 March 2000,
http://www.cs.utwente.nl/data/amast/, submission deadline 1st Dec.

3rd CMCS Workshop on Coalgebraic Methods in Computer Science,
satellite of ETAPS'2000, Berlin,
http://wwwtcs.inf.tu-dresden.de/~reichel/cmcs.html, submission
deadline 3rd January.

LICS'2000, Santa Barbara, 26-29 June,
http://logik.mathematik.uni-freiburg.de/lics/currlics.html, submission
deadline 7 Jan.

IFIP World Congress, ICS2000: Intl Conf on Software - Theory and
Practice, 21-25 Aug, 2000, Beijing (China), http://www.wcc2000.org,
submission deadline 10 Jan.  Marie-Claude Gaudel is co-chair of
ICS2000.

CADE'2000, Pittsburgh, 17-20 June 2000, submission deadline 15 Jan.
RTA'2000, July 10th-12th, Norwich, http://www.sys.uea.ac.uk/RTA2000/,
submission deadline 15 Jan.

ICALP'2000, Geneva, 9-15 Jul 2000, http://cuiwww.unige.ch/~icalp,
submission deadline 17 Jan.

CSL'2000, Fischbachau/Munich, 21-26 August 2000,
http://www.tcs.informatik.uni-muenchen.de/csl2000/, submission
deadline 31 Jan.

IFIP TCS200: IFIP Intl Conf on Theoretical Computer Science 17-19
Aug, 2000, Sendai, http://hagi.is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/tcs2000/, submission
deadline January 28th.  Peter Mosses is co-chair of the "Logics,
semantics, specification, verification" track.

ETAPS'2001, 2 - 6 April, 2001, Genova.  CFP to be published in time
for ETAPS'2000 with submission deadline around mid-October.  Relevant
ETAPS sub-conferences include at least FOSSACS, FASE, and TACAS.

WADT'2001: International Workshop on Algebraic Development Techniques,
Spring, 2001, Genova, as a satellite of ETAPS 2001.

Journals
--------
For mature work that is ready for journal publication, there are many
places to submit.  I'm on the editorial board of Theoretical Computer
Science and if you submit a CoFI-relevant paper to me (or even a
CoFI-irrelevant paper!) I promise to appoint knowledgeable referees and
to avoid refereeing delays.

Best regards,

Don Sannella
CoFI coordinator