Re: CoFI workshop at ETAPS'2000 in Berlin

Dear Semanticists,

On a second thought, and upon some suggestion from people involved, I
think we shoud try to arrange a more official meeting at the CoFI
workshop in Berlin (see:
	 http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/~dts/CoFI-WG/etaps2000.html).

The plan would be to try to cover the following items:

1. Review the current status of the semantics, discuss what needs to
   be done to complete it, name (again?) people to do this, and set
   some deadlines.

2. Discuss institution-independence of the semantics, including:
   - a brief presentation from Till on his semantics od structured
     specifications independent from institution-with-symbols;
   - discussion/presentation of the ideas on the semantics of
     architectural specifications independent from
     institution-with-even-more-stuff

3. Review of further work planned by the group, with gathering
   volunteers, perhaps setting some deadlines, plans for future
   meetings etc.

The above will easily take a session --- when exactly it will be
scheduled depends on the overall organization of the workshop, and
will be decided later.

PLease, send me any comments and further points if neeeded.  Also,
confirm your particiapation in such a session, and let me know about
your timing constraints (if you have not done so before).

Best regards,

Andrzej Tarlecki