CoFI semantics task group

Dear Colleague,

See below for the schedule of CoFI meetings in Edinburgh in early
November.  There are two sessions on Semantics, unfortunately in
parallel with sessions on Methodology (Sunday) and Tools (Monday) --
sorry, but this was unavoidable.  If you plan to attend, please fill
out the registration form below.

To clarify, since some of you will receive this request from the
coordinators of several task groups:
1. Send the registration form to me, as local organizer
2. For each task group you plan to attend, send a copy to the
   coordinator.  There's a problem if you plan to attend meetings
   of the Semantics task group, since then (2)=(1), so please just
   mention your intention on the form.

In my opinion the most crucial thing to be settled at this meeting is
meta-issues such as the interface between sub-groups working on the
semantics of different parts of the language (basic specs, structured
specs, architectural specs) and who is willing to look at which
features, but I hope that there will also be time to look at some more
technical issues.

Please let me know, ahead of time if possible, if there are other
issues that you would like to discuss.

To people who would like to contribute but can't come to Edinburgh: it
would be very helpful for planning if you could indicate which parts
of the language are of most interest to you, semantics-wise.

Best regards, Don

CoFI WORKING MEETINGS, 8-12 NOVEMBER 1996, EDINBURGH

The following schedule for the various CoFI working meetings is now
FIXED.

Note that there will not be a meeting of the Reactive Systems task
group in Edinburgh, due to lack of potential participants there.

FRIDAY  8 Nov	(Central Edinburgh)

17:00 - ??:??	Samson Abramsky's inaugural lecture

[Those participants who are not otherwise engaged may have dinner
and informal discussions together after the lecture.]

SATURDAY 9 Nov

[Those participants who are not otherwise engaged may continue
informal discussions, 9:00 - 10:15.]

LFCS Anniversary Celebration (Lecture Theatre A, JCMB)

10:30 - 12:30	LFCS Contributions and Impact

14:30 - 18:00	Challenges for the Future

19:30  (20:00)	Dinner

SUNDAY 10 Nov	Working Meetings (JCMB)

 9:00 - 12:30	Language Design

13:30 - 17:00	Methodology || Semantics

17:30 - 22:30	Coordination, Funding (coordinators meeting)

MONDAY 11 Nov	Working Meetings (JCMB)

 9:00 - 12:30	Tools || Semantics

13:30 - 17:00	Tools || Methodology

17:30 - 22:30	Coordination, Funding (coordinators meeting, continued)

TUESDAY 12 Nov	Working Meetings (JCMB)

 9:00 - 12:30	Language Design & Tools (concrete syntax)

Note that the meetings on Monday evening and Tuesday morning are
contingent on sufficient attendance: there is no guarantee that they
will be held.

Kinldy register for the meetings using the form below as soon as
possible.

Looking forward to some productive meetings in Edinburgh,

----   --------------------------------------------
\  /  | Peter D Mosses         <pdmosses@brics.dk> |
CoFI  | Common Framework Initiative  - Coordinator |
/  \  | WWW URL: http://www.brics.dk/Projects/CoFI |
----   --------------------------------------------

REGISTRATION

The local organizer is Don Sannella <dts@dcs.ed.ac.uk>.  He will
provide a list of hotels/B&Bs.  Please send him the following
information:

* ARRIVAL DATE:   __ Nov   TIME: __H    TO: _____________

* DEPARTURE DATE: __ Nov   TIME: __H    FROM: _____________

* PLANNING TO ATTEND LFCS ANNIVERSARY: YES/NO

Please send copies of the above information to the coordinators of
those task groups whose meetings you plan to attend.

===> Indicate here if you plan to attend either of the semantics task
===> group meetings.

* SIGNATURE: (including e-mail address)