Semantics for CASL v.1.0

Dear Semanticists,

This is really a message to the authors of the semantics, but I send
it to the mailing list to make sure that I do not miss anyone, and to
let the others know that we're progressing...

As far as i know, the semantics for various parts of CASL has been
close to being done for a while now. Our work on the semantics for
CASL v.0.99 generated a lot of comments and suggestions for the final
design of CASL. These have been taken into account in the current
draft version 1.0 of the summary. I hope no further serious problems
will arise. Therefore, i think we should aim at producing a final
semantics document as soon as the final CASL Summary v1.0 is
released. I do not expect that it will change much wrt the draft
version we have been reading through now, so it is time to re-start
the work on the semantics, using the currect draft summary.

I would like to set a deadline of a few days after the official
release of final CASL Summary v1.0 for sending over to Don the
complete versions of the respective parts of the semantics.

Given that final CASL Summary v1.0 is to be released on 22nd Oct,
please send your parts of the semantics to Don by 28th Oct. This
should allow us to show up at the Cachan meeting with a complete
semantics put together!

Please, let me know immediately if you think that for some reason this
will not be feasible (for your part of the semantics).

As for the Cachan meeting (I refrain from repeating the announcement
for the CoFI meeting there on 7-10 Nov): I do not think we need a
major semantics meeting there. All I plan is to have over lunch or
dinner a chat and brief (self-praising) discussion of the final
semantics there, as well as some words on what the next steps are to
be. This can be started/continued electronically, once the immediate
task of producing the final semantics is fulfilled.

With best regards,

Andrzej