Meeting in Cachan

Dear Semanticists,

As you all know, the next working CoFI meetings will take place in
Cachan next week; see
	http://www.brics.dk/Projects/CoFI/CachanMeetings.html
for details, and
	http://www.lsv.ens-cachan.fr/~bidoit/CoFI-WG/Liste
for the list of people who will attend.

As you know, we expect to have a full version of the semantics for
CASL v.1.0 assembled in time for the meeting. Unfortunately, I doubt
there would be enough time beforehand to look through the whole thing
for people not involved in the produyction of the semantics, and to
study all the inter-dependencies in detail for those involved in the
work on particular parts.

In Cachan, we plan only a brief formal meeting of the semantics group
(on Saturday evening, linked with dinner; perhaps with an extension to
Sunday lunch). The plan for the meeting is obvious:

1) state that we have the full semantics, perhaps mention what still
has to be done with it, where the weak points are, and which links
between various parts are to be checked. The details of these will
then be further discussed by the people involved.

2) a brief discussion of the plans for the future work by the
semantics group. Please, try to think about what role the group is yet
to play in the development CASL(s). Apart form polishing the full
semantics for CASL v.1.0, things that come to my mind are:
	* making the semantics (for structured specifications,
	  architectural specifications and libraries) fully
	  institution-independent, and showing how it instatiates to
	  the current semantics for full CASL;
	* work on the proof system for CASL;
	* semantics for various CASL extensions (HO, for instance).

Pleasem bring with you (good humour and) any thoughts on the above and
other tasks for the future.

With best regards,

Andrzej