[uDraw(Graph)-Users] Kudos! (and some questions)

Mattias Werner mawe at tzi.de
Mon Jun 13 14:57:27 CEST 2005

Hi,

Phillips, Robert V, III (Robert) wrote:
> I downloaded uDrawGraph and I am very impressed! Congratulations on
> such a fine package, and also for making it available under the LGPL.

thank you.

> To play with uDrawGraph a little more, I found that your gml2udg utility
> was very useful. I found it easier to manually edit a gml file (that
> gml2udg
> understands) with some nodes and to display the graph. It is easier than
> trying to manually edit a udg file.
>
> Do you have plans to release the source of gml2udg?

uDraw(Graph) is published under LGPL and so we have to release the sources.
We didn't do this up to now, because uDraw(Graph) and all the tools are
written in a functional language called ASpecT, that has never been used
outside of our group and therefore the sources are not very helpfull for
others.

For the implementation of gml2udg we are using a small peace of software
written in C by Marcus Raitner at the University of Passau:
http://www.infosun.fmi.uni-passau.de/Graphlet/GML/
Starting with the result of this GML-Parser we create the ASpecT data
structure for the .udg format, because the .udg format is just an internal
data structure of the ASpecT language, that can be easily read and written
by ASpecT.

So, if you know functional languages, I could send you the ASpecT
sources of the gml2udg tool but I don't know if they will help you, because
I can't send you the compiler currently.

Regards,
Mattias Werner
uDraw(Graph) project

--
		Dipl. Inform. Mattias Werner
		Bremen Institute of Safe and Secure Systems (BISS)